Program will see changes

After internal problems in recent years, the communications dept. will see restructuring.

The communication program at UND had several internal problems in the past couple of years, and there are going to be changes throughout the program in the near future to make it better for all involved.

Changes to the program are expected to be announced in the next two to three months by the College of Arts and Sciences.

One of the ways the program is changing is by marketing itself differently to students, the rest of the campus and the public in general.

“We are looking to evolve, to change, to innovate,” said Craig Garaas-Johnson, director for advancement of the College of Arts and Sciences.

“There are a lot of folks doing a lot of good work over there ,and we want to represent them.”

Garaas-Johnson has been working with the program for about a year now, and said there has been a big shift since then, but would not elaborate further.

The program has also gone through changes with the curriculum in the last year and a half. Feedback and comments from students about things they wanted to see in the program led to some of the changes, but at this point, it is unknown if upcoming changes to the program will also result in more changes to the curriculum.

Megan Hoffman is a staff writer for The Dakota Student. She can be reached at [email protected].