UND Online MBA program ranked nationally

UND’s online Master in Business Administration program continues to be recognized as a high-quality and affordable option for students looking to continue their education online.

The website Online MBA Report ranked UND’s online MBA program No. 22 in the nation in its rankings put out last week. It was the 18th-ranked public university and fifth-ranked online MBA program in the Midwest.

UND’s online MBA program is offered through the College of Business and Public Administration, and it typically takes two years to complete. It is a 33 to 34 credit program and offers a concentration in international business.

Students enrolled in the program are not required to visit UND’s campus at any point throughout the program. This contrasts with some other online MBA programs which have scheduled visits to their campus during the program.

Additionally, UND’s online MBA program offers “rolling” admissions in the fall, spring and summer semesters. Tuition is charged at the in-state rate regardless of residency. For the 2015-16 school year, the tuition amount was $402.52 per credit.

Online MBA Report analyzed 300 programs throughout the country in order to create their rankings, and the website compiled information from school surveys, information from the universities’ website and information from other reputable sources, such as U.S. News and World Report and Princeton Review.

Online MBA Report used academic reputation, cost of tuition and enrollment numbers as criteria to evaluate the programs.

Indiana University, based in Bloomington, Ind., was named the top program in Online MBA Report’s rankings. The complete rankings can be found at http://www.onlinembareport.com/articles/top-50-online-mba-programs-us-2015.

According to a news release from UND, the university’s online MBA program was ranked first by topmanagementdegrees.com for Most Affordable Online MBA Degree Programs in 2015 and one of the Best Online MBA Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2014.

Several other online programs at UND have been recognized for their quality and affordability. Thebestschools.org named UND’s online and distance programs 22nd in the nation based on academic excellence, scholarly strength of faculty, online teaching methods, tuition costs, reputation, awards, financial aid and degree programs offered.

Last year, UND began offering an online bachelor’s degree in social work and a master’s degree in nurtition, along with two online classes in Chinese, the first of their kind in North Dakota.

Last year, UND’s online programs in psychology and communications were ranked 14th and 23rd respectively in affordability by Affordablecollegesonline.org.

For more information on the kinds of programs and classes offered online at UND, visit http://und.edu/academics/extended-learning/online-distance/.

Sean Cleary is the editor-in-chief  for  The Dakota Student. He can be reached at [email protected]