UND’s Annual Tech Bingo

Processed with VSCO with c1 preset

The University of North Dakota’s Student Involvement team is notorious for organizing some of the most popular events on campus. One of these events is Tech Bingo, which is an event that’s sure to reign in crowds of students looking to score big and take home a prize. 

An estimated 550 students show up to tech bingo, lining up outside of the Memorial Union Ballroom. Students will often line up at the time the Memorial Union opens in order to secure a spot, and when it comes to winning expensive tech prizes, the wait is worth it. 

Around $11 thousand is spent on the event, with ten rounds of bingo and prizes taking place. Each round, four gift cards to restaurants are given out as well. The final bingo round means handing out iPads with keyboards and pencils to two winners.  

Tech Bingo will be held this semester on April 28 from 11 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. at the Memorial Union. In the past, prizes like speakers and iPads have been given out to students, and it is likely that similar prizes will be up for grabs this time around as well. Tech Bingo has been taking place for years, and it has proved to be one of the most successful events on campus. 

Student involvement is necessary to keep a positive campus dynamic, and it happens to be events like Tech Bingo that encourage students to get on campus and take part in group activities. The Student Involvement team puts on other notorious events throughout the school year, including Fluff-and-Stuff and several different kinds of trivia. Crafts, free food, and vouchers for local businesses are often available during the week as well.  

To gain volunteering experience and be a part of school-wide events like these, Student Ambassadors seeks out new volunteers every semester to help run events. If it is something you as a student would be interested in, reach out to someone at the Student Involvement office for more information.   

Ava Stockstad is a Dakota Student General Reporter. She can be reached at [email protected]