Polls

What are your plans for the summer?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

UND Winter WUNDerland Holiday Concert

Unsplash Images

The holiday season is upon us and with that comes beautiful holiday music. A yearly tradition at the University of North Dakota is the Winter WUNDerland Family Holiday Concert, which is a performance put on by the music department that features all of the various choral groups on campus as they showcase their hard work and dedication to creating beautiful music. This event will take place on December 2nd and is a great opportunity to hear some wonderful holiday music just before finals and winter break.  

Each choral group has worked diligently throughout the semester to prepare a wide range of choral pieces. Each unique piece that will be performed highlights different periods of time, culture, language, traditions, and holidays. It is a celebration of the holiday season, the various traditions, and the beauty of the giving season and all that comes with it. It is an event that brings together the people of the Grand Forks community each holiday season. 

The show will last a little more than an hour with the main choirs performing the music they prepared, and the time in between will showcase the smaller ensembles who will be performing their separate pieces that they have worked hard on in their own personal time. Each performance will have its own uniquely beautiful qualities and will showcase the talent of UND music students. 

Not only do the singers put in a large effort into this event each year by taking the time to learn their music, but so does everyone else who is a part of the music department and the team of individuals who work to make this event the success that it is. Students and staff will take their own time to help create decorations and put in the extra work to show up to rehearsals outside of their usual time. 

The effort and hard work that goes into this event each year is admirable. The finished product always ends up beautiful and will not be something you want to miss. So, if you love holiday music, need a break from studying, or just want to do something festive, go support the music department. Tickets can be purchased through the UND music webpage or from the Chester Fritz box office at a lower price. 

Nora Lee is a Dakota Student General Reporter. She can be reached at [email protected]