Early Christmas Gifts

I have noticed, over time, that Christmas seems to come earlier every year. Decorations, shopping, and Christmas festivities begin at an extremely early time, prompting gift shopping and Christmas music to commence. Though it feels extremely early, culture in America supports this premature Christmas, promoting shopping and celebration of the holidays. Perhaps the most markable example of this in November is Black Friday, and the similar days observed around it. Black Friday is an exceptional time to buy gifts and take advantage of remarkable deals. As we approach Black Friday, it is beneficial to have ideas of gifts to get others. Whether big or small, Christmas gifts can be special when given to those that you love. Shopping for Christmas gifts can be overwhelming, especially on days like Black Friday, so it is important to know what you want to get someone prior to embarking on your Christmas shopping journey.  

An idea that I saw a few years ago was not the idea of a physical gift, but of an experience. For example, you may purchase tickets for a game, concert, or event, and then gift them to the person as an event that can be completed together. This not only allows time to be spent between you and the person you’re giving the gift to, but also allows time to create memories that can be long lasting. My sister gifted me tickets to see one of our favorite bands in the cities.  It was extremely fun, and we were able to spend time together while doing something that we both enjoyed. In addition to games, concerts, and shows, you may give someone the gift of time by planning a fun day together. You could treat someone to lunch, or an art and craft together.  

While gifts of time are thoughtful and enjoyable, it is also rewarding to give someone a physical gift that they may unwrap on Christmas. When thinking of the perfect gift to give someone, it may be difficult to find a starting point. My favorite gifts to give others are articles of clothing, accessories, or other miscellaneous items that remind me of them. You may give a loved one a unique sweater, a nice pair of slippers, mittens, or other items of clothing to stay warm during the wintry season. Finding small details in gifts to give to others can make them special. Another trendy gift to give could be a pair of Ugg boots or slippers. I recently got the Ugg Ultra Minis, and they are some of the most comfortable, warm shoes that I own. With both men’s and women’s sizes, Uggs can be the perfect Christmas gift. Throw blankets, books, and self-care items make great smaller gifts. Another gift that I was recently given was a Baggu cross body bag. Similar to Lululemon’s Everywhere Belt Bag, the Baggu Nylon Bag is slung across the body, creating a snug fitting effect with much more space than the Lululemon competitor. Made with durable material and offered in a variety of colors, the Baggu Nylon Belt bag has quickly become my favorite bag that I own. 

While these are just some ideas for Christmas gifts, there are an abundance of others. Finding the perfect Christmas gift can be done in a perfect way to show those around you that you love them. Though Christmas may feel far away, it will come quicker than you think, so the sooner you start thinking, the better. 

Sadie Blace is a Dakota Student General Reporter. She can be reached at [email protected].