Jo Bros in the Snow

Unsplash Images

If you’re a sucker for catchy tunes and boybands, November 17th might just be your night. Gracing the Grand Forks area with over a decade of music, Jonas Brothers are here to take you to the year 3000 – 2023, but who’s counting? 

If you live under a rock, the Jonas Brothers are a music group made up of three brothers, Joe Jonas, Nick Jonas, and Kevin Jonas. The trio, but not triplets, from New Jersey departed on their world tour aptly titled, “The Tour” on Saturday, August 12th in The Bronx, New York. Performing songs from their debut 2006 album, It’s About Time to music from their most recent and fifth studio album, The Album, you’ll be happy you pulled out your red dress for this concert. Check out this information about the band from Alerus.com.  

Standing out as one of the most successful groups of the 21st century, Jonas Brothers Nick Jonas, Joe Jonas, and Kevin Jonas have sold north of 20 million albums and counting, garnered two GRAMMY® Award nominations, earned 26 Billboard Hot 100 hits, logged three consecutive #1 debuts on the Billboard 200, and generated billions of streams.” The article continues to describe the band’s success, including their return to the charts in 2019.  

“In 2019, they notably ignited the comeback of the decade with their Platinum-Certified Republic Records debut, Happiness Begins. It yielded the history-making, 5x-Platinum smash “Sucker,” which minted them as “the first group in the 21st century to debut at #1 on the Hot 100,” exploded as the “longest running #1 Pop Airplay Single of 2019,” and received a GRAMMY® Award nomination in the category of “Best Pop Duo/Group Performance.” Bowing at #1 on the Billboard 200, Happiness Begins impressively scored the “biggest sales week of 2019 at time of release” and housed the Double-Platinum Only Human and Platinum Cool. The band supported the album with the worldwide Happiness Begins Tour selling over 1.2 million tickets and the Amazon Original documentaries Chasing Happiness and Happiness Continues. Along the way, the members simultaneously juggled prolific solo careers extending into television, film, and successful business ventures. In 2023, Jonas Brothers once again proved they are a constant force, embarking on a new era with the release of The Album, via Republic Records.”  

The concert information located on the Alerus’s website nicely describes the upcoming concert in relation to the tour. “The Tour will include stadium and arena dates around the globe through 2024, resulting in the band’s biggest and most extensive tour to date.” Traveling not only through North America, but various countries around the world, Jonas Brothers will make a stop at The Alerus Center on Friday, November 17th. 

The doors to the event will open at 5:30 pm, and the event will begin at 7:00 pm, with the opening act, Lawrence on stage then. Tickets are available via Ticketmaster. General Admission tickets are still available starting at $45, and student tickets are available for $22 plus added fees on Ticketmaster via the link,www.aleruscenter.com/jobros where students will have to enter the code “STUDENT” when prompted.  

Danika Ogawa is a Dakota Student General Reporter. She can be reached at [email protected].