BLOG: Blah

When it comes to signing up for and selecting classes, it can be a real pain in the ass.

Meeting with advisors, getting rid of any random hold on my account—you know the usual. It especially sucks to have to wait for over a week to actually enroll.

Earlier today, my appointment time was up, so I went into Campus Connection to enroll in the classes I had previously set aside. However, when it came to the main page, it showed that four of my six classes that I needed to take were now closed.

I started to scramble and run around like Miley Cyrus at the VMAs, except not so graphically, and slightly more upset.

I understand that the system is the way it is to make sure the online interface doesn’t crash, however, I feel like I got screwed, and not in a good way.

Luckily, I don’t have any single-section classes this semester, but it still threw a proverbial wrench in my plans. I thought I had all my sections with the specific professors I wanted, and I didn’t get into them.

Oh, well. Life goes on.

On top of all of this, another issue I have with certain classes is their mandatory attendance policies; i.e. you miss more than x amount of days, we take x amount of points for each class you miss.

Again, I understand the reasons for this, but at the same time, I now have to go to Student Health tomorrow and get a note from a doctor, who is probably needed elsewhere, saying that I was sick and that was why I missed a class session.

These are really just a few issues that I have come across here at UND, and I really hope that these are the only issues I come upon.

It’s funny.

http://rlv.zcache.com/were_screwed_cartoon_three_screws_mouse_pads-r6320ec79896e4d99893ae31acca33ca3_x74vi_8byvr_512.jpg