Polls

What are your plans for the summer?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Silver Dawn Books Grand Opening 

Aspen Jewkes
Processed with VSCO with m5 preset

Grand Fork’s newest bookstore opened its doors to business on November 7th, and on Small Business Saturday, it celebrated its grand opening. Silver Dawn planned multiple events for the day and had great deals going on in celebration of a successful first few weeks of business.  

Their first event of the day was an author signing, which started at 10:00 am. Alicia Underlee Nelson, a local author, spent the morning signing copies of her book 100 Thing To Do In Fargo Before You Die. This book is immensely popular in the area and encourages the entire region to explore the hidden gems in Fargo. This book indexes local attractions, festivals, family-owned restaurants, and the eclectic cultural sites Fargo homes. Her signing was a huge success and was a great first signing of many that Silver Dawn will be hosting in the coming years.  

After the signing, Circle of Friends Animal Shelter hosted a children’s storybook time where they read Bookstore Cat by Cylin Busby. Children’s story times are usually wildly popular, but this one was even more of a success as the shelter brought cats along with them. Circle of Friends was able to spread the word about their adoption services and their donation needs. Silver Dawn has had a relationship with Circle of Friends since their opening, and it was great to see that friendship continuing to grow.  

The entire holiday weekend, Silver Dawn had a guest bookseller in their store. Abby from Abigail’s Book & Gift Shop located in Midtown Market had numerous recommendations in the store that got a special discount when bought. Abby’s recommendations included: Legends & Lattes by Travis Baldree, The Great Alone by Kristin Hannah, Rumple Buttercup by Matthew Gray Gubler, The Gifts of Imperfection (10th Anniversary Edition) by Brené Brown, and Starter Villain by John Scalzi.  

Just like Black Friday, Small Business Saturday is all about deals and supporting local businesses. Along with all their great events, Silver Dawn was offering $5 dollar gift cards for every $25 spent. Throughout the day they also gave away prizes to lucky customers.  

Silver Dawn Books grand opening on Small Business Saturday was a huge success. The employees were engaging and helpful, the customers left with bags of books, and of course a cat came to visit, so the day was destined to be a success. 

Aubrey Roemmich is a Dakota Student Section Editor. She can be reached at [email protected]