Thank you, Matthew Perry

On October 28th, 2023, Matthew Perry was found unresponsive in his hot tub. The well known actor from the TV sitcom “Friends” was pronounced dead a while later. Matthew Perry was 54 years old when he died. The cause of death has yet to be confirmed, but the police do not suspect foul play. The actor has opened up about his struggles with addiction but has been clean for the last several years. The police department does not know when we will get answers but says it could take up to a few months to see the whole picture.  

They held a funeral for Perry on November 3rd, 2023 where his 5 friends co-stars showed up to remember their fallen friend. Jennifer Aniston, Courtney Cox, Lisa Kudrow, Matt LeBlanc, and David Schwimmer were spotted outside the church for a small funeral where Perry’s father and step father also attended.  

Along with his character on “Friends,” Perry was in a plethora of other movies and TV shows and even wrote a novel titled, “Friends, Lovers, and the Big Terrible Thing.” He was in “17 Again,” “The Whole Ten Yards,” and even wrote and directed some plays that were performed on stage.  

Although we do not have all the answers, Matthew Perry made an impact on this world while he was here and will continue to have one since he left. As someone who has not seen all of “Friends,” I always enjoyed coming across the show as I was skimming channels, or watching the bloopers on TikTok. Thank you, Matthew Perry, for the little moments we have had, and for the impact you have made on everyone.  

Claire Arneson is a Dakota Student Section Editor. She can be reached at [email protected]