Polls

What are your plans for the summer?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

UND Homecoming Events

Unsplash Images

UND will be having its 2023 Homecoming Week starting on Saturday, October 1st through Saturday, October 7th. Here are some events put on by the University for its students. 

Homecoming Donuts & Pizza 

On Monday, October 2nd, UND students can get a free donut from the Student Government & Student Involvement Office (Memorial Union Suite 144). Donuts will be given out starting at 8 am until supplies last. Then, free pizza will be served outside the Memorial Union on Thursday, October 5th starting at 11 am. 

Blood Drive  

UND is partnering with DAK MINN Blood Bank on Tuesday, October 3rd to give students the opportunity to donate blood. The event is focused on helping the Grand Forks community maintain a “safe and adequate blood supply.” The blood drive will be held from 10 am to 4 pm at 801 Princeton Drive. 

Downtown Pep Rally 

The second UND Homecoming Pep Rally will be held in town square on Wednesday, October 4th at 6 pm. Mayor Brandon Bochenski and Head Coach Bubba Schweigert will be speaking at the pep rally, followed by performances from the UND band, cheer, and dance teams. Attendees will have the opportunity to enjoy food trucks, yard games, a photobooth, and the chance to win two tickets to the Homecoming football game or a Downtown basket with local gifts and swag. 

Forever UND 

On Friday, October 6th at 1:30 pm, UND will be making a “historic announcement” and declare a “new era” for the University. Speakers will include President Andrew Armacost and UND Alumni Association & Foundation CEO Deanna Carlson Zink. Special guests Werner Nistler and retired NASA astronauts Karen Nyberg and Kathryn Uhrich will also be speaking at the event. Forever UND will be held in the Memorial Union Ballroom. 

Homecoming Parade 

Before the Homecoming football game, the annual parade will be held to celebrate UND pride. The parade starts at the Gorecki Alumni Center at 9 am, proceeding down University Avenue and ending at University Park.  

UND vs Western Illinois 

To conclude Homecoming week, the UND Fighting Hawks will be squaring off against the Western Illinois Leathernecks on Saturday, October 7th at 1 pm. Tickets are available for free to UND students via their Green and White account. 

Garrett Webber is a Dakota Student General Reporter. He can be reached at [email protected]