What to Watch Before Going to See “Quantumania”

Claire Arneson, Editor

If you are a Marvel maniac like me, you are probably stoked that “Ant-Man and The Wasp: Quantumania” has finally come out of Marvel’s vault. It feels like it has been years since the release of the original Ant-Man, which came out in 2015, and I may not be the only one needing to brush up on my Ant-Man knowledge. If you are getting ready to don your super suit and go to the theaters to see the film, here are a few shows or movies to brush up on before shrinking back into the marvel releases.  

“Ant-Man/Ant-Man and The Wasp” 

These two films should be obvious but are extremely necessary when going to see Paul Rudd put back on the Ant-Man suit. The first movie gives audiences the origin story behind how Scott Lang, former convict and great dad, became Ant-Man. You learn about the first Ant-Man – Hank Pym – his prodigy and antagonist Darren Cross and meet Pym’s daughter Hope, Scott’s future girlfriend. The second movie follows the mission to save Hank Pym’s lost wife, Janet, and ends with Scott being trapped in the quantum realm when the Pym family is turned into dust during Thanos’ snap.  

“Avengers: Endgame” 

You do not necessarily need to see this before heading out, but if you have not seen it yet, I recommend watching it just because it is amazing. In this movie, we see Scott escape the quantum realm after a rat stumbles over the controls. He immediately goes to the Avengers and helps them form a plan to time travel to defeat Thanos. He plays a leading role in this movie, and he gives us the comedic relief we need during this eventful movie.  

“Loki” 

To understand our ANT-oganist, pun intended, it is a good idea to watch the first season of Loki on Disney Plus. Even if you have already seen it when it originally aired, it is a good idea to give it a rewatch before seeing the movie. Through watching this show, you also learn a good deal about how time travelling works in the Marvel universe. You learn about the TVD, variants, and you get to watch Tom Hiddleston and Owen Wilson be best friends, what more can you want?  

“Captain America: Civil War”  

This movie is one of my favorites, and I think it is a great watch if you have time before your movie time. It is when Captain America and Iron Man go head-to-head, and two teams form to fight against one another. Scott is called to be on Captain America’s team, and the two slowly but surely become best friends, well at lease I am sure Scott thinks so.  

Claire Arneson is a Dakota Student Section Editor. She can be reached at [email protected]