SPOILER ALERT: Spider-Man: No Way Home Review

Kelsie Hildebrand, General Reporter

Spider-Man: No Way Home was released early December, and the Marvel fanatics went crazy. From plot twists to love stories that Marvel incorporated into the storyline, it is predicted to win the best movie of the decade. 

It was rated a 93% on the tomatometer with an average of 7.9 out of 10, and a 98% audience score with an average of 4.8 out of 5.Spider-Man: No Way Home” is the best example of what superhero movies can be,” and “a bigger, bolder Spider-Man sequel, No Way Home expands the franchise’s scope and stakes without losing sight of its humor and heart” are just a couple of critic reviews regarding the movie, No Way Home.  

Opening on the streets of New York, the whole world now knows the identity of the friendly neighbor Spider-Man due to Mysterio revealing Peter Parker’s identity. While on his death bed, Mysterio blames Spider-Man for “killing” him in the end of Spider-Man: Far from Home.  

Peter Parker partners with Doctor Strange to find a spell to reverse Mysterio’s actions that caused Peter Parker’s demise, but they accidentally bring all the villains from the multi-universe who battle Spider-Man into their universe. Marvels idea to bring in Tobey Maguire and Andrew Garfield, two previous actors who starred as Spider-Man, to help Tom Holland in stopping these villains was pure genius.  

But can we talk about the love story between Peter Parker, played by Tom Holland, and MJ, played by Zendaya? We see the two officially get together in Far from Home with a kiss. Their romance continues in No Way Home when they finally get together as boyfriend and girlfriend.  

Their powerful chemistry on screen even sparked chemistry off screen with rumors that the two have been an item since the filming of Spider-Man: Homecoming. Their off-screen relationship was confirmed when they were caught kissing in July of 2021. 

I am a sucker for happy endings, so I was disappointed with how the movie ultimately turned out. Peter Parker’s only way to put a stop to the destruction of his actions was to cast a new spell where the whole world forgot who Peter Parker was, including MJ. I would still rate the movie 10/10 because of my love for the Marvel Franchise, but let me just say, a few tears were shed.  

Kelsie Hildebrand is a Dakota Student general reporter. She can be reached at [email protected].