A different kind of family

Hello everyone; I hope midterms are going well so far for everyone.

While it seems hard to believe, the truth is we are already mid-way through October as the days this semester just seem to fly off the calendar. The fall colors are already beginning to show and the temperature has begun giving signs that winter is on the way.

While I could continue to talk about the feelings and sights October is bringing, I feel this would be a good time to talk of an organization here on campus that has helped me make the past few weeks special, in hope it will help others as we head into the second half of the semester.

A few weeks ago, I joined Chi Alpha, a Christian worship group that meets Thursday nights. At first it seemed way too big, but over the last few weeks, the organization and the program has grown on me. I have come to know multiple people from the organization and now I too look forward to going every week.

Although I will miss not going through the corn maze with my family back in Wyoming, or having the chance to carve pumpkins with them this year like usual, I feel as though I have begun building something special here with some of the Chi Alpha members after having attended the actual church with some of them this past Sunday.

While we still have a lot to learn from everyone, I find it to be the fun part, as it is a never ending learning experience, learning new things about people every week.

Moving forward in the semester, I would like to welcome everyone who is looking for that family as the holidays approach us, to the organization. Chi Alpha may not be for you religion-wise; however, the people of the group are so kind and caring that they are very likely to pull you in with their emotions.

If interested in attending, please go https://und.collegiatelink.net/organization/ChiAlpha to find out more about the program and to see photos from the organization.