Embracing the Future

This past Friday night, I traveled to Glendive, Montana to watch my brother play football. He is a senior in high school this year; this was their fourth game of the season and the first game that I have gotten to watch. It was really exciting to see my brother start on varsity. I am a huge sports fan and am always watching, but when he is playing, I just focus on watching him and I don’t really pay attention to what else is happening on the field. It was also the first time I saw my family since the end of August when I left for college, so that was very exciting. They won the game (it was actually a blowout) and then I spent the rest of the weekend with my parents, brother, aunt and uncle in Medora, N.D. to celebrate my birthday on Sunday.

In high school, I was the manager of the football team (the one my brother now plays for) so it was fun to see the coaches and watch the team I used to be a part of. But, the funny thing about going back to those memories (and having my birthday this weekend) is realizing how much things have changed in the past two-plus years since I graduated high school.

Going from high school into college is probably the biggest change in your life at that point. I know it was for me. I was ready and excited to go off to college but once I had left, it was a whole new world to get used to. Change is hard, but looking back now it is something everyone goes through.

These past two years of college have flown by and I don’t expect anything less from this year either, but I’m excited for the new challenges and the change that come with it.

megan1