Campus Construction Changes

a roadmap of all of the changes happening around campus

Cortnie Cottrell, News Writer

All of the new changes stirring up UND’s campus, parking and office locations, you may be wondering what exactly has been going on around here.

With the memorial union being torn down, the relocation of offices and meeting areas, there have been many changes to the UND campus within the last few months. Since May, it

has been non-stop deconstruction and reconstruction.

O’Kelly is now the host of “Stomping Grounds and Xpress C-store” which is located in

room 19. There is a wide variety of products to purchase there such as Starbucks coffee, pastries,

sandwiches, convenience store items and much more. So, if you are in need of a snack or some

caffeine in between classes, their hours of service are Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to

4:00 p.m.

Not close to O’Kelly, and need a snack or meal? Don’t worry, the new Squires Dining

Center has you covered. Plus, you can avoid all the busy construction going on. Squires Dining

center has all the goods, from Dakota Deli-featuring sub sandwiches to custom fresh tossed salads, Squires Dining Center will not disappoint. Stop by and check them out from 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. 

“The new Squires Dining Center is a convenient option with a pleasant atmosphere for us students to grab lunch on our way to and from class,” Emily Veronen, a UND Junior, said.

Another new change in campus is the Campus Post Office, which is now located in the UND Bookstore. The Campus Post Office is open to all UND students, faculty and staff, as well as the general public. Additionally, they provide UPS and Federal Express shipping services at discounted prices. Their hours of operation are from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.

The construction and changes as a whole seem to be happening on time with minimal

delays. The biggest set back thus far is the opening of the new Gustafson Hall parking lot and

Campus Road from Strinden Road to Davis Drive. This delay will be effective until Friday,

September 13th. This delay is due to wet weather and poor drying conditions; however, the north

entrance of O’Kelly Hall will remain accessible for passing.

A fun and easy way to keep up with all the changes going on around campus is to check

out the “Campus Renewal and Construction” blog found on the UND webpage. If you are  interested and want to follow all the latest updates, there is an option to subscribe.

Another way to stay informed on the new Memorial Union construction, is to

check out the link from UND’s webpage. The page will bring you to the Memorial Union construction webcams. There are two webcams that have been strategically placed for viewers to be able to watch a time lapse of the demolition of the old Memorial Union and the progress of the soon to be new Memorial Union.

If you have any further questions regarding the changes on campus or any questions

specifically regarding the Memorial Union Construction, please do not hesitate to contact

Student Services or UND campus renewal that can be reached by email at [email protected], they are willing to help.