UND’s Lit Club

The oldest club on campus is going through a revival. Adelphi Literary Society is almost as old as the University of North Dakota. Despite its rich history and many traditions, the club was facing a decrease in general interest and participation. In the spring of last year, a group of undergraduate English majors made it their mission to resurrect the club.  

This fall they are continuing their hard work in increasing Adelphi’s on campus visibility. Adelphi is a club for booklovers of all types and majors. They have biweekly meetings and monthly events that are open to any student. During the second week of school, they hosted a game of literary jeopardy, which was a huge success. They also host game nights, movie nights, and book club-style discussions.  

One of the most engaging parts of this club is they are always looking towards their members for event ideas and suggestions. They make a huge effort to include everyone they can in the planning process. Lit club meets every other Tuesday at the Memorial Union in room 245 from 7 to 8 pm. 

Their next meeting is September 12th. They are planning to use the time to discuss upcoming events and what to expect for the rest of the year. You can follow them on Instagram for updates @litclubund or email [email protected] to be put on their email lists.  

Aubrey Roemmich is a Dakota Student Section Editor. She can be reached at [email protected]