Covid-19 Incentives for Students

Kelsie Hildebrand, News Writer

As the second wave of Covid-19 rolls across the nation, the North Dakota University System has implemented an incentive program at the University of North Dakota to encourage Covid-19 vaccinations among eligible students because of the influx in case numbers on campus and around the community. 

“UND students may qualify for $100 if they get their first shot on or after Sept. 15, 2021, and complete their vaccine series on or before Nov. 10, 2021,” according to the University of North Dakota. “The goal of this program is to increase vaccination rates for UND students in order to help protect our entire campus community and maintain the full college experience we all enjoy.”

Vaccine incentive eligibility requires UND students to be enrolled in fall 2021 semester-based, academic credit courses or enrolled in the LAUNCH! Program, which are for students who are not eligible for admission into UND but are eligible for Lake Region State College.

To receive this incentive program there are three steps eligible students must complete. Students must complete their vaccine series between September 15th and November 10th, which means the first dose for Moderna must be administered by October 13th, the first dose for Pfizer must be administered by October 20th, and the first and only dose for Johnson & Johnson must be administered by November 10th.  

Eligible students must also set up payment preference by November 10th and complete the vaccine incentive request form by November 15th. 

UND is also offering $10 vouchers for use at the Memorial Union or Wilkerson Commons to students who get tested for Covid-19, which will be available until December 17th marking the end of the fall 2021 semester.  

Vouchers are available at rapid testing locations Fritz Pollard Athletic Center Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 11 a.m. and Wilkerson Commons in room 173/175 Monday through Friday from 12 p.m. – 4 p.m.

“Students can only test once per day and should bring their UND student ID for verification,” said the University of North Dakota. “Both vaccinated and unvaccinated students are encouraged to test frequently.” 

Kelsie Hildebrand is a Dakota Student News Writer. She can be reached at [email protected].