President Kelley welcomes students to campus

Earlier this week, President Robert Kelley sent an email welcoming students back to campus and talking about changes on campus from last year.

Kelley started by saying that UND has hired 53 new faculty members, including the first associate vice president for diversity and inclusion, Sandra Mitchell, Margaret L. Williams, dean of the College of Business and Public Administration, and Gayle Roux, dean of the College of Nursing and Professional Disciplines.

“I invite you to join me in welcoming these three outstanding leaders to campus,” Kelley said.

Kelley continued by discussing the large amount of construction currently taking place across campus.

“As you’ve returned to campus, you have seen many physical changes that have taken place over the summer, and more will come this fall,” Kelley said. “The School of Medicine and Health Sciences project on the corner  of Gateway Drive and Columbia Road is progressing nicely and should be ready for the fall of 2016. The School of Law addition and remodeling also is underway and should be completed by the fall of 2015.”

Kelley also acknowledged the renovations to the Wilkerson Dining Center, which is expected to be completed in 2016, and the One-Stop Student Services Office which is expected to be completed in October.

“So we have an exciting year in store,” Kelley said. “I hope you will embrace it by taking advantage of all of the wonderful opportunities available through the university this year. Again, welcome — and welcome back — to UND.”